Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year Oracle

To honor the New Year, 
I enter the Shamans Cave
with a 3 card Oracle reading. 

Each card offers a perspective 
for me to explore 
during the 3 months of Winter.  
January. February. March. 

One of my favorite decks; 
The Psychic Tarot
The first card in my spread, 
guidance for the month of January
shows me walking a thin stone bridge, 
over a deep, dark canyon, 
with a river flowing at the bottom. 

The bridge is missing a section...
and that missing section 
is right in front of me. 
There is only one step 
between me & the other side. 
Surrounding the chasm is a red circle, 
This is where I face fear. 
Fear #1: Leaping 
Fear #2: Standing Still 


Etched into the stone pathway, 
on the edge where I stand,  
is an image of a bird 
with wings outspread;  
 indicating movement, flight, capability.  
A reminder of the vows and intentions 
of my living model
from my totem & namesake Raven. 
This card calls me to face fear, 
...and I have lots of it. 
Fear of Pain. Fear of Death. 
Fear of Stagnation.
Fear of Chocking. 
The list goes on ... 

This card says, "yes, you have fear....
What are you going to do about it? 
What strength do you have to leap anyway? 
What courage do you have to fly? 

You may make it. You may not. 
Both options are possible.  
However, standing still 
is no longer an option. 
Move forward. 
Me crossing a bridge; Sedona, AZ

Ponderings for Action 
- What leaps are calling you to the edge of preparation? 

- What inner principle can you engage to support you 
through your fears into wider realms of courage? 

1 comment:

  1. I love this card… thank you for sharing your interpretation. Sometimes I have challenges, and have to make that leap toward my evolution… I am comforted by the light orbs, who I see as my loving support and guidance. Blessings to you on your journey, sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete