Thursday, January 8, 2015

Shamanic Journey to the Upper World

Me; Expanding Into the Cosmos
Last night I went on a Shamanic Journey into the Upper World. It took me a while to get there. I tried going up in a tornado. I tried jumping up on cloud trampolines. I kept trying to find ways up, with my mind of course. 

Then, a spiral vortex grabbed me by the back of my body and pulled me up through a time-warp of space, moving fast through the swirling cosmos..then boom, it released me and I was floating in the stars. 

I asked my spirit guide to appear. I was excited to meet my guide in the Upper World, a wisdom force to support me in my journey and offer guidance as I traveled through the unknown. 

All that greeted me was the dark void of space. That did not seem right. How can the dark void of space be my teacher? I explored that question for a while, then realized how small I felt. All this room to move around in and I was still retaining my contracted smallness of the ordinary world. 

Then a worm hole grabbed me by the back of my head and pulled me backward through another portal. I was released into a deeper realm of cosmos with instruction to open up in all directions. The void informed me there was plenty of room between the stars surrounding me to expand. 

Release Constrictions. Expand in all Directions.  Take up Space with Being. 

I relaxed tension in my head, thoughts and mind, and felt my cranium expanding in all directions. There was still so much space between me and the stars. There was freedom to open up. It felt good. 

As soon as things started to get comfortable, another worm hole grabbed me, this time by the back of the neck. It pulled me through another portal and once again, the void of space released me into a field of stars with instructions to expand. I open my throat in all directions, a bit tentatively at first. This is a place of a lot of wounding for me. Songs, stories and fears stuck in my throat started to loosen.  There were stars all around me, cosmic light beings serving as beacons for my expansion. 

"Open up till you reach us" they encouraged. "There is so much space here for you to expand". 

One of my SoulCollage creations. 
Although I did not create this card from 
this Upper World experience, it shows the cosmos
in an inspirational way and supports 
an essence of this journey in visual form. 
Another worm hole grabbed me from behind, this time by the back of my heart, pulling me through a portal, releasing me into a wider realm of space with instructions to expand. I opened my torso in all directions, feeling constrictions between my ribs and vertebrae soften and release. I found myself taking up more space with my breath, finding that I was actually being breathed by the cosmos. 

This process continued throughout my journey; a worm hole grabbing me by some part of my back body, moving me through portals and depositing me with expansion instructions. 

The stars were there to witness the whole thing!!!!

The further down my body this process went, the harder it was for me to expand, especially in the pelvic region. The void taught me there is still so much healing for me to do in this area of my being. 


The starts twinkled for me. My teacher, The Great Void reminded me to take up space, to expand into the ether of all and allow the circumference of being to open outward into the expansive space of cosmos. I bowed in gratitude, offered a deep breath of gratitude to my new resources, and gently floated down to earth and into a deep sleep. 

Soulful Pondering's

  • What is your relationship to the stars? 
  • What does The Great Void have to teach you? 
  • What constructions are held in your BodyMind? How can you release them? 
  • How can you open up and take up more space with being? 

SoulCollage creation by Raven Shree 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Thanks for expanding and bringing heaven down to earth.

    ReplyDelete