Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Death Lodge with my Father

In October 2011, I engaged in 
powerful Death Lodge ritual 
with my biological father 
through an experience 
of Lucid Dreaming. 
In my dream state, 
I was called to the bedside 
of my dying father. 

My father & I have not had contact 
for over 25 years; 
 meeting him in my dream 
was a poignant encounter.  

Below is a SoulCollage card I created 
to honor this part of my lineage. 
It took me years to get to this perspective,
and have the courage to create 
something of this quality of light
around the theme of Father. 
In my dream, I approached my father 
in his hospital bed.  
I saw his small, fragile body. 
and felt compassion for him,
 like I would have towards 
anyone preparing to die.  

Being able to feel compassion for him 
made me see how much healing 
I'd done over the years.

 Wounds were inflicted in this relationship
...yet, here I could stand in compassion
with the inflictor. 
I felt strong in my healing. 

There was sadness in me too,  
sadness that I didn't feel anything more
for this dying man that has played a key role 
in the shaping of my life,
and my future relationships with men. 
I woke from my dream, 
shed tears of grief, drank tea, 
then went back into lucid dream space 
to visit my father again at his bedside. 

My father looked up at me, and said 
“Wow, you turned out good.”
I stood there, and received his compliment 
for the truth that it was.  

Opening to receive the light 
of this compliment, from this man,
was a powerful act of opening for me. 
My first words to my father were; 
“I kept our Agreement.”  

We looked at each other 
and absorbed the power of our “Agreement”, 
made 25 years ago 
by my father, with gun in hand; 

"Leave now. Never come back. 
You are dead to us. 
We no longer have a daughter. 
You do not have a family. 
We do not want to know if you are Alive. 
Leave now. Never come back."

Here's one of the SoulCollage cards 
I created about living in exile. 
You can read more about this card 
"Killing Fields" on my website.  
So here my father & I were 
in this dream portal, 
looking into each other eyes
honoring our sturdy allegiance.  
Honor was shared between us in that moment.  
We both had held up our end of the Agreement. 

“Yes father, I turned out good.”
In spite of it all, I am creative, 
intelligent, independent, 
loving, passionate, talented and kind. 
In spite of all the darkness, 
In spite of all the terror, 
there was enough light to get me through,   
and for that I give you some credit. 

Thank you for not pulling the trigger. 
As I heal my pain from this relationship, 
I offer my healing in service to 
the larger fracture and dis-ease 
of the Divine Masculine in the world.   

May my healing and wholeing 
extend into all my relationships, 
and into all father / daughter connections. 

May my healing have heart value 
that ripples out into the world 
in service to kindness, love and respect. 
May my healing offer something
of value to all of humanity; 
past, present and future. 
Whew.

Father, you enrolled me
 into a Masters program
of healing & wholeing 
that I would not have received 
from any other poison. 
As I witnessed my father's passage 
through deaths gate, 
I knew it was time to release myself 
from his last name as well. 

As he died, I let this part of me go. 

I opened to Spirit
and asked to receive my new name. 
The moniker that would 
guide and inspire me forward 
into my Second Adulthood. 

This Death Lodge process with my father 
was a powerful milestone 
in receiving my new name; 
Raven Shree
"The Bringer of Light" 
Stay Connected 

No comments:

Post a Comment