Monday, April 2, 2018

Snow White Adventures

It’s been super fun 
to start my Second Adulthood 
exploring archetypal motifs 
of my life journey 
through the lens of Fairy Tales. 

A perfect MiddleWorld activity to engage in 
as I step into a new phase of my life.
Snow White & the 7 Dwarfs
This Fairy Tale has many layers to explore
as a mirror for ones life journey. 
This blog shares some of the layers I explored, 
along with SoulCollage cards
that emerged along the way. 
It's fascinating how the theme of 7 
is present throughout this story.

Seven is a powerful number for me. 
Mainly because it ties into 
the Chakra model I've been 
apprenticing to for decades. 

7 (Seven) is a common number 
found in mystery school teachings
and various religions of spiritual theology. 
Snow White was 7 years old 
when she was exiled to the woods 
by her Evil Queen Mother...To Die. 

In the original Grimm Brothers tale, 
the Evil Queen ordered a hunter 
to kill Snow White & bring back her organs 
to prove her death. 

The hunter, 
taken by Snow White's beauty,
let her go & killed an animal instead. 
He brought the organs to the Evil Queen
who cooked & ate them 
thinking they were her daughter. 

...how's that for Motherly Love?

The Evil Queen is said to portray 
characteristics of the 7 Deadly Sins
Pride. Greed. Envy. Lust. Gluttony. Wrath. Sloth. 
After the Hunter released Snow White, 
she traversed up & down 7 mountains 
to reach the Dwarfs cottage in the woods. 

There she found shelter, safety & companionship 
by offering home tending services to the Dwarfs. 
Together they took care of one another. 
As I equate my personal life story 
to Snow White's adventure through the woods,  
I see the experience of my First Adulthood 
as climbing the 7 Mountains of the Chakras

Snow White must have had deep traumas 
from being so hated by her mother. 
I know this energy frequency well.  

Chakra Psychology was a helpful tool 
on my journey of healing & wholeing
from the Mother Wound. 
Each of the 7 dwarfs had a unique essence, 
a quality identified through name.  
Snow White lived in relationship 
with these 7 characters, and together 
they found a way to co-habitat. 

Using this metaphor as a portal into 
my own being, I contemplate... 
What are my 7 core character traits?
One of them must be Joyful. 
Another way I explored the theme of Seven 
was naming the 7 core relationships 
of my First Adulthood. 

This was a powerful process
and wonderful contemplation. 

I enjoyed creating this SoulCollage card
honoring the amazing Cast of Characters
that was instrumental 
to the development of my First Adulthood. 
There's more to the Snow White story... 
The Evil Queen continued her obsession 
with Snow White's death.

She sent 3 evil packages to Snow White 
while she lived in the Dwarfs cottage. 
The first 2 times, the Dwarfs were able 
to save Snow White from peril. 
The third time was charmed...so to speak.
The poison apple did the trick. 
Snow White took a bite 
and fell into a deep sleep.

I equate this part of the story to my own 
7 year Death Lodge in the UnderWorld. 
A journey I'll share more about 
in future blogs. 

Until then...here's a 5 min video 
sharing more about Snow White 
and the SoulCollage cards
that came alive for me. 
Snow White Contemplations
- How are the "7 Deadly Sins" present in your life? 
- How has beauty saved your life? 
- Who are the 7 core relationships in your life? 
- What are your 7 main character qualities? 
- What sleep are you waking up from? 

Fairy Tale Archives 
Read about my journey through 
Little Red Riding hood

Stay Connected 

1 comment: