Tuesday, January 8, 2019

My Fathers Passage into Bardo

On Christmas night 2018 
I learned of my biological fathers death. 
This news immediately lifted a weight off me,  
and an expansion of freedom
swept through my BodyMind complex. 

As I move into the 2nd year
of my Second Adulthood, 
I am coming to understand that the release 
of my bio parents from this planet 
 will be a part of this phase of my life. 

For most of my life I've had the knowing
there is a level of freedom
I will only be able to expiernace
once my mother & father
are no longer alive on this planet.

My fathers recent passing opens me
to a taste of this freedom
that I've wondered about most of my life.
It's a powerful way to kick off 2019. 
 
Even though my father just recently died,
many of my connections to him 
were completed in Death Lodge ritual 
 several years ago.
This is when I released myself 
from his last name as well. 
You can read more about that in this blog link. 
To honor the release of my father from Earth,  
I journeyed into Bardo space,
to work with his spirit as it transitions.

In various spiritual teachings,
Bardo is a realm of consciousness 
where spirits go after they leave the body.
It's the space "in-between" incarnations.

In the space of Bardo, consciousness 
integrates & releases life experiences,
before it moves into assimilation with the next realm,
what ever that may be.
My father's discharge from Earth, 
and entry into Bardo
offers both of our spirits an opportunity
for powerful magic & healing.

In his journey through Bardo 
I choose to believe my fathers spirit
is able to access a new layer
of peace & knowing,
which by default I get to benefit from as well. 
As his consciousness shifts, mine can too.  

Here's a SoulCollage card I created
to honor my fathers time in Bardo
assimilating & releasing his life experiences.
When I first started shamanic journeying
into Bardo space, it was to work with & heal
the masculine side of my ancestral lineage.
The below video highlights
 this experience in more detail.

As I work with the energetic shift 
of my father moving into the Bardo, 
I see him joining the other men 
at the rock slab table of my lineage
mentioned in the video below. 
It is hypothesized that spirits stay in Bardo
for about 4 generations,
which is about 100 years.

As my father's spirit moves into Bardo, 
he is joining his ancestors in this realm as well. 
As this familial assimilation happens,
 over time energy shifts are occurring
that heal history,
and evolve consciousness forward 
for future generations. 

In this way, the space of Bardo
is a part of the Infinity Symbol
that ties together Past, Present. Future.

In my fathers shapeshifting,
I get to access a new type of medicine;  
ointment for a sacred wound 
inflicted while he was in human form,
that I can work with on a new level
now that he is no longer in a body.

My father's passage opens a freedom
that will support me in so many ways
as I continue to engage & craft my
Second Adulthood
living in the MiddleWorld.

It's been an honor & a joy
to work his Bardo portal crossing
with so much love & intention.
This may be the best interaction
my father & I have had in our relationship.
It's a sweet gift to get at the end.

I now have another force 
of ancestor influence on my family tree.
Stay Connected 

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful tribute and description of your devotions.

    ReplyDelete